Thursday 25 December 2014

Sentence me to life once

Sentence me to life once  
send me to those narrow, badly-managed streets 
those narrow streets where happiness widens itself 
those badly-managed streets where life cultivates itself   

Sentence me to life once   

send me among those huts, small temples
through those broken roads, riding bullock-cart     
the huts that house life, love  
the temple that blessed me with childhood
    




Sentence me to life once 

send me among those peeple and guava tress
in those fields criss-crossed with uneven, serpentine path
the peeple tree where spirits dwell, I was told
the guava tree where my heart dwell, I know

Sentence me to life once 

send me away from the metro 
away from these glitter & glitz
among those people who have seen me naked
among those days when nobody was neighbour 
everybody was bade papa, chhote papa, badi maai, chhotti maai
bhaiya, bhauji and so on...

Sentence me to life once

send me to my culture 
where there is no sir, no madam
no sorry no excuse me
just life, life and life

Sentence me to life once

send me to my very own no-internet, no-mobile zone
to my place where nobody slaughters children
where nobody carries out carnage like NDFB does


   

No comments:

Post a Comment